The set of the offered Services covers all the Design phases (from Feasibility studies, to Basic, FEED, Engineering for Construction), Procurement, Installation, Construction, Testing and Start-up of the Plant.
“Loss Prevention & Health, Safety and Environmental” Division
The “Loss Prevention e HSE” Division is able to provide to the Client the following Consulting and Engineering activities:
- Development, Management and Supervision of all the HSE activities during all the different Design phases;
- Layout Requirements Definition;
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC);
- Hazard Identification (HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, FMECA analyses);
- SIL Analyses (Assessment and Verification of the Safety Integrity Level);
- Qualitative, Semi-quantitative and Quantitative Risk Analyses (Calculation of the Frequencies of Occurrences, Consequences Evaluation, Risk Assessment, Evaluation of IRPA and PLL indices and F/N curves, graphic visualization of the Risk Curves on maps, definition and suggestion of suitable Risk Reduction Measures);
- Fire and Explosion Simulation (Thermal and Blast Loads Calculation), Toxic Gas, Smoke and Soot Dispersion by means of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD, as, for instance, FDS, FLACS, FLUENT and so on) or simplified methods (Phast);
- Fire Proofing and Fire Fighting systems Requirements Definition and Design;
- Vent and Flare Thermal Radiation and Dispersion Calculation;
- Dropped Objects Analyses from Crane on Sealines, Safety Critical Elements and Process Areas Third Party Interaction Analyses, including Ship Traffic, aimed at defining preventive and mitigation measures to control and/or reduce the risk of sealines damage;
- Emergency Prevention and Response Plan;
- Safety Reports preparation and/or update according to Seveso Directives, including assistance and support during the preliminary phases with the competent Authorities;
- Best Project Alternative Selections by means of the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP);
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability Analyses (RAM);
- Fire and Gas (F&G) systems design (including F&G mapping studies);
- Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA).
“Instrumentation and Automation” Division
Auriga Consulting is able to provide services during the Design, the Procurement and the Construction of the plant and/or systems.
Among the services offered by the “Instrumentation and Automation” Division during the design, it can be mentioned the following:
- Study, definition, material requisition and detailed engineering of instrumentation, automation, control panels and control systems (DCS, PLC, ESD e F&G).
The design activities include:
- definition of P&IDs and Instruments Lists;
- preparation of technical specifications for field instrumentation, control and safety valves;
- preparation of technical specifications for control and automation systems;
- technical/economic tabulation of the Vendors bids;
- Vendor documentation Follow-up;
- detailed field engineering;
- specification for erection;
- control room detailed engineering.
Research and Development Division
At present Auriga Consulting is active in an important Research and Development Project, concerning the recovery of heavy metals from exhaust batteries, in order to realize a dedicated pilot plant.